It’s a cooooold, snoooowy day here in Chi, so we’re having a chill (literally) Saturday in the house, which I love! And to put the cherry on top of our lazy, cozy day, one of my best friends popped over this morning to hang with me and the babe! While she was getting baby snugs, I took the opportunity to take a quick shower and put a cute face on, you know, to snag some photos out in that gorgeous snow.
Now, honestly, I’m no makeup guru. I ask my best friends’ advice on my makeup, hair– basically all beauty stuff — all the time. Thankfully, I finally have a quick little routine down that I can do in just a couple minutes before anyone gets too fussy! It’s simple and uses most of my favorite products. So I figured I would share it with you, in case it can help any other mamas out!
1. Firstly, I make sure my face is clean and well moisturized. I have sensitive skin, so if I start with a dry, dirty base, I know I’m setting myself up for breakouts. I use TULA Purifying Face Cleanser and their Aqua Infusion Oil-Free Gel Cream on a regular basis. Occasionally, I’ll use their thicker Hydrating Night & Day Cream and a few other products, but those are the two I normally use.
2. Time to prime! My favorite primer is HOURGLASS Veil Mineral Primer. It just takes a pump or so to really coat your face all over. Then let it set it for a minute or so.
3. Apply a light layer (buildable if needed) of foundation. My go-to is Estèe Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation! I use a wet beauty blender, but a foundation brush would work, too! (I don’t like using my fingers because of dirt and oils.) Depending what’s happening blemish-wise, I will sometimes use concealer after my foundation for blemishes and dark under eyes.
4. Bronze baby, bronze! Next I use TOO FACED Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer for some contouring on my cheeks and a tad on my jawbone and forehead. I like using the 3-shape technique when bronzing. I’m super pale, but if you’re pretty tan, you might be able to skip this step! This specific bronzer is matte, which I love because I’m definitely not into the shimmering face look, personally.
5. It’s all about the brows! I’ve tried lots of brow pencils, and I always come back to my ANASTASIA Brow Definer. Bold brows have been trending for a while, but I’m pretty lax on my eyebrow maintenance and the Brow Definer always gives me great color and shape.
6. Lastly, gotta throw on some mascara! If you have lash extensions (which I sometimes do!) you can skip this part, obviously– but my lashes are straight-up blonde if I don’t wear mascara, so it’s usually a must for me! I’ve gone through countless mascaras, and my FAVE is Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara— hands down!
This routine takes me approximately 10 minutes! And, these are all just my favorites (I get all my makeup at Sephora), but you don’t need this exact stuff! Definitely swap in your own faves and give it a try!
Top: Adidas Original men’s Trefoil Logo Sweatshirt — on sale now!
Leggings: Spanx Look At Me Now Seamless Leggings in black camo — select colors now 30% off!
Beanie: The North Face Women’s Oh-Mega Fur Pom Beanie
*huge thanks to my bestie for these photos 🖤